- 1 c fine Ritz crackers, processed
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 c basil leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c cup mayonnaise
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 c toasted, slivered almonds, as garnish
- Fresh chives, as garnish
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Pulse Ritz crackers in food processor or blender until fine.
- Combine the crackers and melted butter. Press into an 8-inch parchment-lined, lightly greased, springform pan and chill while preparing filling.
- Combine the basil, garlic, mayonnaise, and cheeses into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the chilled crust, pressing and smoothing. Cover and chill at least eight hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the sides of the pan and place on a cake platter and garnish with slivered almonds and/or chive stems.
- Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Turn down heat and allow to simmer for two hours or until cooked to a thick sauce. Can be served warm or cold depending one the meal.
- Serve with crackers.