- 3 c chicken stock
- 1 c quick-cooking grits
- 12 oz (12-oz) container Pimento Cheese (VeryVera Cookbook)
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c chopped cooked bacon
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add chicken stock; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add VeryVera Pimento Cheese and butter; stir until melted. Stir in milk. Slowly stir in eggs until blended. Stir in cooked bacon.
- Transfer grits to prepared dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.