- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 1/2 c bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c canned sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 oz packet dry active yeast
- 1/2 c warm water (110°F to 112°F)
- Cooking spray
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve sugar in warm water and add yeast. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato puree, butter, salt, and beaten eggs. Using the paddle attachment, mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the bread flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time to the mixer bowl. Mix until dough clings to the paddle.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times. Be careful not to over-knead.
- Place the kneaded dough in a large oiled bowl and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spray hands with pan spray, then punch down the dough and divide into fourths. Divide each fourth into 6 balls, 24 balls total. Place two balls into each cup of the prepared 12-cup muffin pan.
- Cover the pan with a tea towel and let the rolls rise for 1 more hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F while the rolls are rising.
- Once the rolls have finished rising, bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly in the pan before removing. Serve warm or let the rolls cool completely before storing in an airtight container.