VeryVera’s Gourmet-to-Go line of products was developed with the help of staff member Susan Ely. Our Veggie Lasagna, a shining star of the GTG menu, was a weeknight favorite for our customers. It’s a perfect vegetable side and a filling vegetarian entree.
- 3/4 pound pound fresh zucchini sliced thin
- 3/4 pound yellow squash
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 small eggplant, sliced thin
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper, sliced thin
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 48 ounces marinara sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 1/3 cups mozzarella cheese, hand- shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, hand- shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Arrange on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until tender or lightly brown. This usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with pan spray.
- Spoon one-third of the marinara sauce in bottom of the pan and cover with a layer of noodles. Top with half of the ricotta, veggies, mozzarella, Parmesan, and one-third of the sauce. Repeat layering, ending with Parmesan, one-third of the sauce, and then mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown. If this is made ahead and refrigerated, allow to come to room temperature and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.