This recipe is so reminiscent of the artichoke dip from the 80’s. I had a recipe card that I used for that dip and it’s been used so much it has separated!! Use this recipe as an appetizer, or as a side with soup. Your family and friends will absolutely love it!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 ounce Gruyère, coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat broiler. Broil bread slices until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and reduce oven temperature to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine artichokes, garlic, Parmesan, Gruyère, sour cream, lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spoon on toasts and sprinkle with panko. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss arugula with oil, lemon juice, and pinch each salt and pepper. Serve with toasts.