- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s® seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 head Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, torn or chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tsp. chopped green onion, green tops only
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pieces pita bread, split in half
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Kernel Season’s® Butter Popcorn Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pita bread on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the unsalted butter. Sprinkle with the butter popcorn seasoning to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the pita is crisp and lightly browned. Cool and break into random-sized pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and seasonings. Whisk well until combined. Set aside until ready to dress the salad.
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients. Toss well to evenly distribute the tomato, green onions, and parsley.
- Dress the salad and top with pita croutons.