- 3 large egg whites
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 12 saltines, crumbled
- 12 pitted dates, chopped
- 1 c pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- whipped cream, as topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a pie dish with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until medium peaks form. Slowly add in the sugar, continuing to beat, until you have stiff peaks.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the saltine crumbs, chopped dates, chopped pecans, almond extract, and baking powder.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites until the mixture is just incorporated.
- Gently pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in a greased pan for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pie dish.
- Slice and serve topped with whipped cream.