- Cooking spray
- 6 c water
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c uncooked stone ground grits
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 c grated Cracker Barrel® sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the water and salt in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Stir in grits, whisking constantly. Follow the package directions for how long to cook the grits.
- Remove from the heat and add in the butter and 3 ¾ cups grated cheese. Stir until the butter and cheese has melted into the grits.
- Pour a small amount of the grits into the bowl with the beaten eggs, to warm the eggs. Then stir the egg mixture into the pan with the remaining grits.
- Pour the grits into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.