- 1 (3 lb.) boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 c beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. Tony Chachere’s Pepper Sauce
- Tony Chachere’s 30-Minute Steakhouse Marinade
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10) ounce diced tomatoes with green Chile peppers
- 1/2 c chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Tony’s Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Use meat tenderizer to pound each chunk into a small medallion.
- Put beef medallions in a large bowl and coat with Tony Chachere’s 30 Minute Steakhouse Marinade.
- Put a few sprinkles of Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning in the flour then dust beef medallions with 1/3 cup flour and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat garlic, onions and oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot oil until evenly browned, 3 to 5minutes.
- Remove beef with slotted spoon; transfer to a bowl.
- Stir onion, and garlic into the oil left in the pot; cook and stir until the onions are translucent about 5 minutes.
- Remove onions and garlic with a slotted spoon and add to the bowl of beef. Drain oil, reserving about 3 tablespoons in the pot. Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually whisk 1/4 cup flour into the reserved oil until you achieve a dark golden-brown roux, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir constantly and watch carefully; roux burns easily.
- Slowly pour beef broth into the roux while stirring; bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Return the beef onions and garlic to the pot. Add bay leaves, thyme, Tony Chachere’s Pepper Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes with green Chile peppers.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beef is tender or about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves and stir in chopped parsley to serve.