- 8 tomatoes blanched and peeled
- 1 large Spanish or yellow onion, small dice
- 1 c sugar
- 1 bunch fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c rice wine vinegar
- 3 each bay leaves
- Core out and score the tomatoes on the bottom.
- In a medium stockpot bring 1 gallon of water to a boil. Place the tomatoes in and blanch until skin starts to separate from the flesh.
- Place tomatoes in an ice bath immediately. Peel and rough chop.
- Place the roughly-chopped tomatoes, onions, and thyme in a medium rondo or small stockpot on medium-low heat. Add sugar, vinegar, and bay leaves and cook on low heat for about 2-3 hours until almost all liquid is gone.
- Spread on a half sheet tray and let cool.
- Enjoy as a spread for crackers or cheese, as a garnish to entrées and more.