- 1 lb bacon
- 2 pt cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 c chopped sweet onion
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, shredded
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and fit with a wire rack.
- Arrange bacon slices in an even layer on the pan, and bake in the preheated oven until crisp, 30 minutes.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and cool. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Chop the cooled bacon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss all but 5 of the cherry tomatoes with the reserved bacon grease.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400°F until tomatoes burst, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic paste, 1 cup of the chopped bacon, and 1 cup of the tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the onions to the mixture and fold in.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F until hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the remaining 5 cherry tomatoes in half. Top the dip with lettuce, remaining cherry tomatoes, and remaining chopped bacon.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crostini or toast points.