- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 c diced country ham
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- Pita chips or toasted French bread slices
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook while stirring occasionally, until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add ham, and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove ham from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To the onion mixture, add the ham, cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, and stir until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased pyrex dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pita chips or toasted French bread slices.