Biscuits are good. Cheesy biscuits are great. Pimento-cheesy biscuits are just the best.
- 2 c Fresh Market all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. jarred pimentos, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 c sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c Dukes Mayonnaise
- 1 c Fresh Market whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mist a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add milk and mayonnaise until the flour is fully incorporated: stir only until combined.
- Fold in cheese, pimentos, and green onions.
- Drop in large mounds (about 2-3 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet, spacing the biscuits at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Serve warm, either plain or buttered.