- 1 lb carrots, peeled
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 1 to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don\'t cut them too small.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
- Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.