- 2 sticks unsalted butter, divided
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 15 ¼-ounce can of pineapple slices in juice
- 15 ¼-ounce box of Betty Crocker super moist butter cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries
- Pecans, optional
- In a well seasoned 15-½" cast iron skillet, heat 1 stick of butter and brown sugar over medium heat until butter is melted then remove from the heat.
- Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough water to make a cup of liquid. Add to the cake mix in a large bowl with eggs and 1 stick of butter. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the drained pineapple rings and cherries in the bottom of the skillet on top of the melted butter and sugar mixture.
- Top with the cake batter.
- Bake in the REC TEC at 325ºF for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately cover pan with a platter and invert.