- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- REC TEC Honey Rib Rub (or Brown Sugar, Salt & Pepper)
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- To make the butter, combine the softened stick of butter with cinnamon, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt
- Roll into a cylinder, then wrap in wax paper or a resealable bag, and place in fridge.
- Place the potato on the cutting board and place one chopstick on each side of the potato.
- Using a sharp knife and the chopsticks (to allow the cuts to only go halfway through the potatoes), cut slits into each potato (being careful not to go all the way through).
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with REC TEC’s Honey Rib Rub.
- Place on the cooking mat on the REC TEC at 350 degrees for approximately 90 minutes, or until tender.
- Season the bacon with the REC TEC Honey Rib Rub and place on the cooking mat on the grill at 350 degrees.
- Serve the potatoes with the maple-cinnamon butter and sprinkle with bacon and crushed pecans.