- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon extract
- 1/4 c Razzmatazz (raspberry liquor)
- 3 c cake flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 c raspberry pie filling (or fresh raspberry jam)
- Floured baking spray
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. butter flavoring
- 1 tbsp. Razzmatazz
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 20 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- While the butter and sugar are creaming, measure out the remaining ingredients for the pound cake.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the cream, extracts, and Razzmatazz.
- Whisk together the cake flour and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the butter and sugar have finished creaming, scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time with the mixer on low speed, beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Let the mixture beat on low for 5 minutes.
- With the mixer still on low, alternately add the flour mixture and cream mixtures, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until well blended.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and incorporate any unmixed batter.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of batter to the raspberry pie filling and mix by hand until well blended. Pour the filling mixture back into the mixing bowl with the remaining batter and swirl with a spatula. This process should take no more than 3 folds.
- Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with floured baking spray. Pour the batter into hte pan until it is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from top. Tap the pan on the counter to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Insert a wooden skewer into the cake, and if there is no cake on the skewer, it is done.
- While the cake is in the oven, make the glaze: Combine the sugar, lemon juice, and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and not grainy. Remove from heat and add the flavorings and Razzmatazz. Stir until will blended.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Place the wire rack on top of the cake pan and flip the pan over. Gently lift the pan, being careful not to remove any of the outside crust.
- Using a pastry brush, generously douse the curved top of the cake with glaze. The cake should appear shiny with glaze, but not saturated. This should dry in about 30 minutes and then you can wrap. Any leftover glaze can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.