- 12 fresh oysters, shucked on the half shell
- rock salt
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb thick cut bacon (thinly sliced up across the grain)
- dash of hot sauce (tobasco or your favorite)
- juice of ¼ lemon
- lemon or lime wedges, for garnish
- Shuck oysters.
- Place oysters on a thick bed of rock salt on a baking pan *The rock salt is to keep the oysters fit snug and upright on the baking sheet so all the juices don't fall out when cooking them.
- Mix together sliced bacon, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, lemon juice and hot sauce
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to each oyster shell, then top with bacon mixture.
- Broil on high on upper middle baking rack for 10 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy. (Go a couple minutes longer if you would like your oysters cooked for longer)
- Serve with lime or lemon wedges.