- 1 lb white crabmeat
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ pint heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. sherry
- ¾ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make a cream sauce with the butter, flour, and cream. Add salt, pepper, and sherry. Remove from the fire and add crab meat.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered casserole or individual baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook in a hot oven until the cheese melts. Do not overcook.
- (1 ½ pounds of shrimp may be substituted for the crab.)