- 2 c whole milk
- 2 c water
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c polenta or yellow cornmeal
- teaspoon black pepper, table grind
- 4 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, extra sharp, shredded
- Pinch Italian Seasonings, dry
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring milk, water, and salt to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in polenta.
- Reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook 20 minutes, until creamy, lifting the lid and stirring every 3 or 4 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Remove pot from stove, stir in pepper and butter.
- Gradually stir in cheese. Serve.