- 2 lb red new potatoes (about 6 cups sliced)
- 2 lb sweet onions (about 6 cups sliced)
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- Nature’s Season Salt
- 2 c shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice the potatoes using a food processor or by hand; set aside.
- Thinly slice the onions using a food processor or by hand.
- In a lightly greased 3-quart casserole, layer half the potatoes, half the onions, and dot with half the butter.
- Sprinkle with season salt.
- Repeat the layers and top with the Swiss cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Test the center of the casserole with a sharp knife to be sire the potatoes are tender.