- 4 c milk
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c half-and-half
- 4 c whipping cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons peppermint extract
- 1 c crushed hard peppermint candy
- Bring the milk to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and salt until dissolved.
- Stir in the half-and-half, whipping cream, and peppermint extract.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a 4-quart ice cream maker according to directions.
- Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream can and churn until almost ready.
- Pour the peppermint candy into the ice cream and continue churning until ready.
- Remove the dasher from the can and freeze the ice cream for several hours to allow it to harden.