Set these up the night before and you’ll have instant oats the next morning!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 tsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 c steel-cut oats
- 3 c water
- Pinch salt
- 1 c milk (optional)
- Measure out your oats. Start this the night before you want to have steel-cut oatmeal.
- Heat the butter or oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the oats and fry them until they start smelling toasty, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the water and salt. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it on the stove, and go to bed!
- The next morning, uncover the pan and bring the oatmeal back up to a simmer.
- If you would like thinner and creamier oatmeal, stir in a cup of milk before reheating.
- When the oatmeal is warm, scoop out and enjoy!