Try these for a super quick and easy breakfast. Flavor how you like and top with your favorite addition, such as fresh fruit or pecans!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 c water or low-fat milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 c quick-cooking oats
- Low-fat milk for serving (optional)
- 1 tsp. honey, cane sugar or brown sugar for serving (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine water (or milk) and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as milk, sweetener, cinnamon, dried fruits and nuts.