Are you ready for your next Thanksgiving staple? Plenty of VeryVera customers have ordered this dressing for their Thanksgiving meal, but it’s so simple to make!
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Serves: 9 People
- Category: Sides
- ½ (1-pound) loaf Sourdough bread, thickly sliced
- 7 oz (about 3 cups) Pepperidge Farm® Classic Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ leek, thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 4 oz white button mushrooms, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Into a large bowl, tear the sourdough slices into 1-inch cubes.
- Add the cornbread stuffing mix.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Sauté the onions, leeks, celery, and button mushrooms until the onions are translucent.
- Add the seasonings and stir well.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the bread mixture and lightly toss to distribute the vegetables evenly.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon until the bread mixture is moist enough to stick together.
- Place in a seasoned cast-iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes.