are you ready for your next Thanksgiving staple? Plenty of VeryVera customers have ordered this dAessing for their Thanksgiving meal, but it’s so simple to make! This dressing is chunky, moist, and the perfect complement to your Thanksgiving bird or with a grilled chicken breast or pork tenderloin during the week.
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Serves: 9 People
- Category: Sides
- ½ (1-pound) loaf Sourdough bread, thickly sliced
- 7 ounces (about 3 cups) Pepperidge Farm® Classic Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ leek, thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Into a large bowl, tear the sourdough slices into 1-inch cubes.
- Add the cornbread stuffing mix.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Sauté the onions, leeks, celery, and button mushrooms until the onions are translucent.
- Add the seasonings and stir well.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the bread mixture and lightly toss to distribute the vegetables evenly.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon until the bread mixture is moist enough to stick together.
- Place in a seasoned cast-iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes.