- 8 oz thick-cut bacon, such as Niman Ranch
- 8 oz baby arugula
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c toasted pecan halves, coarsely chopped (see note)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 6 oz blue cheese, such as Roquefort, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp. good apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c pecan oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and lay the bacon slices on the rack. Roast the bacon for about 20 minutes, until nicely browned. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, apple, pecans, cranberries, and blue cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, mustard, maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Chop the bacon in large pieces and add it to the salad. Toss the salad with just enough dressing to moisten. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss well. Serve immediately.