The scent of the basil and strawberries create nuance and depth within this dish. This recipe is light and tasty for any spring occasion!
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Entrees
- 4 (6 ounce) skin-on red snapper fillets
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c torn fresh basil
- 1 c diced strawberries
- 1 c quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium-size green apple, diced
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp,. apple cider vinegar
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 (2-inch long) cuts in skin of each fillet. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add fish to pan, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp and fish is mostly cooked through, about 7 minutes. Carefully flip fillets, and cook until fish is opaque and flaky, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Combine apple, tomatoes, and strawberries in a bowl. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remains 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and toss gently to combine. Add basil, olive oil, and vinegar, and toss again. Serve immediately with snapper fillets.