- 2 c dark brown sugar
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 (16 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Open each can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Layer half of the dough pieces in the pan, making sure the rounded edges are facing the pan. Pour brown sugar sauce over the dough. Cover with the remaining dough pieces. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a serving plate.
- To serve, allow your guests to pluck a piece off of the cake while it is still warm.
- For a smaller crowd, divide the recipe in half and bake in a 6 or 7-inch bundt pan.
Pluck-It Cake Variations:
- Caramel Orange Pluck-It Cake: Before layering the biscuits in the pan, take 1/2 cup of orange marmalade and drop by teaspoonfuls in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of toasted pecan pieces.
- Savory Pluck-It Cake: Omit brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add 1 1/2 cups of your favorite shredded savory cheese, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 teaspoons each of dried basil and rosemary to the melted butter. Follow the original recipe's direction for layering the dough and sauce in the pan.