For the Cupcake
- 1 3/4 c All-Purpose Flour
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 c Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 c Buttermilk
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c Tony Chachere's Praline Honey Ham Injectable Marinade
- 1/3 c Strongly Brewed Hot Coffee
For the Chocolate Praline Filling
- 1/4 c Cold Water
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 3/4 c Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 c Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 c Tony Chachere's Praline Honey Ham Injectable Marinade
For the Hot Chocolate Frosting
- 3/4 c Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 3 3/4 c Powdered Confectioners' Sugar
- 9 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3/4 c Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 c Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Tony Chachere's Praline Honey Ham Injectable Marinade
- Candy Canes, Crushed
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin pans with 18 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Then whisk in buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract and Tony's Praline Honey Ham. Whisk in flour mixture then whisk in hot coffee until smooth.
- Divide cupcake batter equally between paper cups; about 2/3 to the top. Bake in oven for 19-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes then place them on cooling rack in refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and water. Turn heat to medium then whisk in chopped pecans, brown sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and Tony's Praline Honey Ham. Frequently whisk mixture, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature, about 10 minutes. Place saucepan in refrigerator to thicken, about 40 minutes to overnight.
- In a large bowl fitted with a mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in cream cheese and shortening in chunks until smooth. Beat in cocoa powder. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula then beat in Tony's Praline Honey Ham. Cover bowl and refrigerate until nearly hard.
- To fill each cupcake with chocolate praline filling, use the back of a piping tip inserted into the center of the cupcake to remove a small portion of cake or use a wooden spatula to press cake down. Add one teaspoon of filling into center.
- To pipe cupcakes, fill a pastry bag with frosting and a tip.
- Refrigerate cupcakes then top with crushed candy canes, mini marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles.