- 4 c rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c almonds, salted and roasted, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 c oil (coconut oil works really well)
- 2/3 c honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and chia in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in another, smaller bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry -you may need to use your hands.
- Then spread the mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven and stir.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, transfer into an airtight container for storage.