- 6 chicken thighs
- 1/3 c vermouth
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jars pimientos, undrained and diced
- 15 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 1/2 c AP flour
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 3 slices bacon, chopped, leave drippings in pan
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Basmati rice, cooked
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper over chicken and then dredge in flour.
- Brown each side in oil and butter until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side, over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add chopped bacon to skillet and cook until almost crisp. Add onion and mushrooms and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in canned tomatoes with juice, pimientos with juice, vermouth, chicken broth, bay leaves, dried thyme, dried oregano, pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken thighs on top of mixture. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 to 55 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over Basmati rice.