- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm® thinly sliced white bread
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 c toasted slivered almonds
- 1 small Vidalia sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 c Hellmann’s® mayonnaise
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim the crust from each slice of bread.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cheese, crumbled bacon, almonds, onion, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto each slice of bread. Cut each bread slice into 3 or 4 strips.
- Place all prepared strips onto sheet pans covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Place the pans in the freezer and freeze for at least an hour or two. Once frozen, they can be placed in a resealable plastic bag.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400°F and place the frozen strips on a sheet pan.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Serve immediately.