- 2 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 1/2 c pecan pieces
- 1 c green onions, sliced
- 2 c Hellmann’s® mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 2 tbsp. dried tarragon
- Boil the chicken breasts in salted water for about 10 to 12 minutes until a thermometer inserted in the thickest breast registers 165 degrees F.
- Pulse the chicken in a food processor, leaving bigger pieces, or shred by hand for your desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, pecan pieces, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Mix some of the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken mixture until well blended. Continue to incorporate the mayonnaise mixture until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to meld overnight.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.