- 2 lb fresh green beans
- 1/2 c (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Wash the green beans and prepare by cutting off the tips.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Blanch the green beans for 2 minutes, drain, and place the green beans in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly so the butter does not burn.
- Add in the brown sugar and garlic powder. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the soy sauce. Continue to stir as the mixture bubbles.
- Toss the green beans in the sauce to fully coat.
- Pour the green beans and the sauce onto the prepared sheet pan. Place in the oven and roast the green beans for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds before serving.