- 1 stick salted butter
- 3 ripe peaches, pits removed and sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 c peach brandy
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peaches and stir gently.
- Add the brown sugar and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the brown sugar melts.
- Add a pinch each of ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- Add the toasted pecans and stir.
- Add the brandy, stir, and simmer for two minutes. Pour into a large bowl if not using right away.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve the peaches over Harry’s Old Fashioned pound cake or a scoop of ice cream.