- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c canola, vegetable, or corn oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl or glass measure, combine the oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter just comes together.
- Gently fold in the peaches and chopped pecans, being careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool on the wire rack in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to the wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread wrapped tightly in foil or plastic wrap in the refrigerator.