- 3 c tart apples
- 1 1/4 c oil
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop apples fine; set aside.
- Pour oil, sugar, and eggs in bowl and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices together.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and add vanilla.
- Fold in apples and nuts and pour into a tube pan.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.