- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 2/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet cook the bacon on medium high heat.
- Remove the bacon and let cool.
- Drain half the fat, then add the onion to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until it just begins to caramelize.
- Add in the garlic and bell pepper and cook an additional 30 seconds, stirring well.
- In a large mixing bowl add the bacon, onions, garlic and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the beans into a 9x13-inch pan and bake, covered with foil, for one hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional ten minutes.