- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Category: Dessert
- 10 slices bacon, save 2 for garnish
- 1/4 c cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. dark, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add bacon and brown sugar to a large Ziploc bag and toss until the bacon is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with a wire rack and lay bacon on the rack. Put the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let cool, and then chop into large chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 pan and then top with parchment paper and grease sides and bottom again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Using the melt feature on the induction cooktop, melt the butter and chocolate, occasionally stirring until smooth. *Alternatively, put the chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each 30 seconds, until the chocolate and butter stirred together are completely smooth.
- Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir in.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out into an even layer. Drizzle half of the caramel sauce or dulce de leche around the brownie batter. Sprinkle half of the bacon bits evenly over the batter. Spread the remaining batter on top and repeat with remaining caramel and bacon.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap for up to 3 days.