- 1 c granulated sugar
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c unsalted butter cold, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 large peaches, peeled and diced (about 4 to 5 cups)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tbsp. milk (more or less for desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 13x9 inch glass baking dish or dark metal pan with grease or spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and mix until the dough starts to hold together, but is still crumbly. Gently press a little more than half the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the peaches and toss to coat.
- Add the diced peaches and toss to combine.
- Pour the peach mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Using your hands, press together handfuls of the remaining crumb topping to create clumps. Scatter the clumps and remaining crumbled topping over the fruit layer leaving some peaches showing through.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely then chill before cutting and icing.
- Stir the cream cheese to loosen.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk. Add more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Drizzle on the bars just before serving.