Easy Microwave Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup room heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- approximately 10 ounces caramel sauce
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Melt together the butter and the semi sweet chocolate. Let cool slightly.
- Stir in the sugar and the eggs. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool completely before topping with caramel sauce and sprinkling with sea salt.
- In a 4-cup microwave safe measuring cup (like Pyrex), combine the sugar, water and light corn syrup.
- Microwave on high in 2-minute intervals until the mixture just starts to change color (this could take anywhere from 4 to 7 minutes depending on the strength of the microwave).
- Carefully remove from the microwave and let stand until a golden caramel forms, about 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the softened butter, heavy cream and a generous pinch of salt. Let cool before serving.