- 5 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- dash of Nutmeg
- ½ Lemon Zest (large)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (peeled, grated, drained & finely diced)
- 5 Tbs Tapioca (ground - tapioca flour)
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted melted butter
- To make the blueberry filling, pour frozen blueberries in a large pot on stovetop. Heat on high.
- Once berries become warm, add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon.
- Stir periodically. Once blueberries warm up, add in apples. Stir vigorously. Then sift in ground tapioca. Stir vigorously.
- Let boil & juices thicken.
- Pour cooked filling into heat resistant container to cool. Allow to cool and set up for several hours.
- To make the crumble topping, add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Melt the butter. Add butter intermittently until crumble becomes thick and full of butter chunks.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Pour blueberry filling into an all butter pie crust. Top with crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, rotate and bake for another 25 mins. Check progress. Add an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Cool for a minimum of 2 hours, slice, and serve.