Brined, rubbed, and buttered, our roasted chicken makes for a juicy, flavorful feast.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- Serves: 5 People
- Category: Entrees
- 1 Bottle Traeger Chicken Rub
- 1/2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Sage
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Thyme
- 1/2 c Softened Butter
- 1 Whole fresh young chicken
- 1/2 tbsp. Course Black Pepper
- Remove whole chicken from packaging and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Mix water and chicken rub to create a brine. Place the chicken and brine in a container that\'s large enough to submerge the entire chicken. Set in fridge for 4-12 hours.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger on the Smoke setting with lid open until fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 375 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take chicken out of brine, do not rinse.
- Mix together thyme, sage, salt, pepper and butter. Smear the outside of the chicken with the butter mixture. Put any of the remaining butter in the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken directly on the grill grate. Cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (about 60 mins) with an instant read thermometer between the leg and thigh joint. Also check the internal temperature of the breast to ensure it registers at 165 degrees F.
- Once chicken is done, let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!