- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 c green onion, minced
- 1/4 c yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 c celery, minced
- 1/3 c bell pepper, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 c drained canned tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 (10 oz) boxes frozen butter beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry the bacon, remove from pan and crumble. In the same pan, sauce the minced vegetables in the bacon grease. Add the flour, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Add the cooked butter beans.
- Adjust seasonings, pour into a casserole dish and top with crumbled bacon.
- Pour chicken broth over top of the casserole and bake until bubbly, approximately 20 minutes.