- 4 c biscuit mix
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 c nonfat buttermilk
- 3/4 c mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 c finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Lightly spoon biscuit mix into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine mix, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk and sweet potato; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 5 times. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/4-inch biscuit cutter into 18 biscuits. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To make honey-pecan butter: Combine softened butter, honey, and pecans in a small bowl.