- 4 Steaks of choice
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 8 oz shrimp, deveined, tails off
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks for 6-8 minutes each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a warm plate; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a cast iron skillet. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and sear until just cooked and pink - about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining butter and garlic, and sauté about one minute.
- Pour in the broth, and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a simmer, while stirring occasionally. Add in the parmesan cheese; allow to melt through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan. Sprinkle with parsley, and stir through.