- 3/4 c dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c pecan pieces
- 4 large croissants
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c whole milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Floured baking spray
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish with floured baking spray and set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave.
- In a mixer, beat the melted butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mixer. Beat until well blended.
- Tear the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants and soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You will need to push the croissant pieces down during this time to ensure even coverage.
- After the bread has soaked in the egg mixture, sprinkle the pecan pieces over the bread.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the top.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar to the melted butter and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the bourbon and cook for 10 minutes to reduce and thicken.