- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. salt brine
- 2 c water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1 egg
- 1 c ground peanuts
- 1/4 c breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 c blackberry preserves
- 1 c red wine
- Combine water and salt brine. Soak chicken for 30 minutes.
- Pound chicken to make even width.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the milk and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the peanuts, breadcrumbs, and flour in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Dip the chicken in the milk mixture, then coat with the peanut mixture.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the chicken to brown on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Heat the preserves and wine in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve with the chicken.