There really isn’t is anything better than homemade peach marmalade on buttered toast in the morning!
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 5-6 pints
- 1 small orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c water
- 3 lbs peaches
- 1 3/4 oz package powdered fruit pectin
- 5 c sugar
- Cut the orange and lemon into quarters; remove all of the seeds.
- Slice the orange and lemon quarters crosswise into very thin slices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine fruit slices and water.
- Cover, and simmer the orange and lemon mixture for 20 minutes.
- Peel (if desired), pit, and finely chop or food process the peaches.
- In an 8-10-quart heavy bottomed stockpot/kettle or a Dutch oven, combine orange and lemon mixture with the peeled and chopped peaches.
- Stir the pectin in the fruit mixture; bring the mixture to a FULL rolling boil, stirring constantly. add sugar.
- Bring back to a hard boil uncovered for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; quickly skim off foam. stir for 7 minutes.
- Pour at once, into HOT sterilized jars, and seal.