- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 c buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 c peaches, 7-8 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan (2-inches deep) with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, almonds and salt.
- Add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly. Place the bowl in the refrigerator while you make the cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to cream together the butter and granulated sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as needed. When smooth, add the egg and extracts and mix until combined.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk, while mixing on low, ending with the flour. Don’t over mix.
- Gently stir in the peaches with a spatula, being careful to not over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and top evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake is golden brown.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar, heavy cream or milk, and extracts. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Cut into squares and serve!